Malaysia’s telecommunications sector is undoubtedly very competitive. Find the right SIM card for your needs might be a bit difficult as there are more than 15 providers you can choose from.
However, if you currently reside in Malaysia and need a budget provider, then U Mobile is.
If it’s the first time you use U Mobile, you need to register and activate your SIM card upon purchase. You can do this at the U Mobile Store should you acquire the card online or in a service center.
However, if you purchase the card from a reseller, you can register it via WeChat or MyUmobile.
As a reminder, all tourists, long-term travelers, foreign students, and migrant workers in Malaysia are required to register if they use Malaysian mobile providers. The registration process will require your details, such as your passport, full name, and date of birth.
That is why you will need to take your passport with you when you want to buy a U Mobile SIM card in the nearest service center. So, how to activate U Mobile SIM card Malaysia? Let’s find out the answer in the following paragraphs.
Via Service Center
This method is ideal for short-term travelers and tourists who use U Mobile in Malaysia. Besides, the registration and activation process is relatively fast and convenient. Below is how to register a U Mobile SIM card.
- Through your smartphone or tablet, launch your mobile browser and go to the official store of U Mobile at store.u.com.my/login.
- You will be automatically redirected to the login page of U Mobile. To register your SIM card, enter your email address under the login box and click on Create Account.
- Follow the remaining procedure to create your account. Once you finished, select the Activation menu and click on Activate.
- Your SIM card will be activated in around 2 hours. Suppose you don’t want to manually register your card. In that case, you will have two wait for approximately 48 hours to get your SIM card automatically activated.
You may also like: How to Reload U Mobile
U Mobile SIM card is also widely available in multiple resellers, such as 7 Eleven, Giant, Tesco, gas stations, or Speedmart. If you got your SIM card from any of these resellers, you need to register and activate your card through WeChat.
Below are the instructions on how to activate U Mobile SIM card Malaysia using WeChat:
- Download WeChat through App Store or Play Store and install it on your device.
- Launch the app and tap on the + icon. Directed your phone back camera to the QR code you got from the U Mobile store assistant.
- Scan your card barcode by tapping on the Start option. This barcode is located on the starter pack of the U Mobile card you purchased.
- Take a clear photo of your Passport (for non-Malaysians) or your MyKad (for Malaysians). Then, verify your details. Make sure your personal information is correct.
- Last, scan your face by tapping on the camera icon. Now, your U Mobile SIM card has been successfully activated and registered.
You may also like: How to Check U Mobile Number Owner
Activate U Mobile SIM Card Self-Registration
Below are the instructions on how to activate U Mobile SIM card Malaysia using MyUmobile:
- Download MyUmobile from Google Plays or App Store
- Launch the MyUmobile App and tap on New Line Self-Registration.
- Please scan your SIM barcode
- Snap a photo of your ID. Malaysians: MyKad, MyPR, MyTentera or MyKAS. Non-Malaysians: Passport.
- Tap the camera icon to scan your face.
- Your SIM pack is now successfully registered! U will receive a notification to confirm your activation.
Just follow the easy steps above and get your SIM activated in no time.