You may have heard about the free 1 GB internet quota for U Mobile user from your friends. Well, don’t lose the chance! This program has been available from July 1st, 2020 and is still going strong until today. The end point is on December 31st, 2021. So, if you haven’t redeemed it for once, well, it’s your misfortune. But it’s a good sign that you came here as this article will show how to redeem free 1GB U Mobile data quota.
Fortunately, it’s very easy to redeem the free internet quota. You will only need to send an SMS to a specific number and wait for a reply. Once you do that, the daily 1 GB is yours. The detailed procedure of how to redeem your free 1 GB data quota will be shown as follows.
- First, launch your Messages application on your mobile phone.
- Then, tap on New Message feature to create a new message.
- After that, set the receiver number to 28111.
- Type FREE1GB.
- Send the SMS afterwards. You will not be charged with anything for the SMS.
- Wait for the free 1 GB activation message. Enjoy the free internet!
See? It is very easy to redeem the 1 GB free internet quota. The quota may not be that big for you but it can help you a lot when your prepaid data plan is running out and you’re broke. It may not be a good idea if you’re spending it for online meeting, but if you use if for simple browsing, that will help you a lot.
You may also like: How to Reload U Mobile
Aside from knowing how to redeem that bonus, you need to know several aspects about this program. You can also access this information on the provider’s official website: https://www.u.com.my/support/selfhelp/faqs/64/5753
- This program will be valid from July 1st, 2020 until December 31st, 2021.
- As the official website said, you will be granted the free daily internet of 1 GB only once a day.
- The free internet will only be available to access education and productivity tools, as well as general browsing.
- The internet quota you obtained from this program will not be available for gaming, accessing social media, music streaming, and video streaming.
- The free internet quota of 1 GB will be available for 24 hours since you claim it. For example, if you send the SMS on 11:00 AM, the limit of using the 1 GB daily free internet will be 10:59 AM. After that time, you will be able to redeem the free internet once again.
- Keep in mind that if you have subscribed to the unlimited data plan, your quota of 1 GB will be used first. After the 1 GB runs out, your current data plan will be used.
- The free daily internet will not be used to access the government key apps such as MySejahtera, Gerak Malaysia, or MyTrace. Any calls to the Ministry of Health and access to governmental sites (including the CPRC Crisis Preparedness Response Centre) will not reduce your 1GB quota.
Redeem Free 1GB U Mobile Daily
One-time redemption (opt-in) needed via UMB:
- Prepaid: Dial *118*6# and then select Special Offer
- Postpaid: Dial *118*7# and then select Special Offer
You may also like: How to Check U Mobile Balance
Hope you understand the procedure of how to redeem free 1GB U Mobile. It’s very easy to do it, as you only need to send an SMS to activate it. Plus, you aren’t charged for the activation itself. However, since this program is intended for productivity and education-purpose only, you will not be able to game, stream videos, or access social media using the daily free internet.